Saturday, November 28, 2009

Interior Designers in London

Just the other day I was thinking about what makes a great blog posting. So few Interior Designers in London actually write blogs, and I have often wondered why that might be. So, for other interior designers who are thinking of taking up blogging, I thought I would explain why I love to blog and why you might enjoy it too.


My first recommendation is: don't be scared to start blogging! Not everyone can immediately become a thought leader in the interior design community - but everyone can contribute. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started. I would recommend that you start by commenting on projects that you have recently encountered as an interior designer. If you are based in London , you could perhaps talk about the seasonal ups-and-downs of the industry, or review any number of the great interior design exhibitions that one can attend so easily in the capital.


Secondly, blog about subjects that you find exciting. Personally, I love to blog about new trends in interior design, and just in general about what it's like to be an interior designer at Global Interior Design, my London interior design consultancy. I also like to talk about specific projects and reveal how my team uses creativity and design flair to overcome myriad interior design challenges. Just looking back over my recent blogs, I see topics like how to hire interior design contractors, international influences in the London interior design community, applying for jobs in interior design, and specific commentaries on a London kitchen redesign and the deployment of "rat traps" in London lavatories. Quite wide-ranging, as you can see!


Finally, do make sure to respond to comments from your readers. I often receive enthusiastic and very complimentary feedback from people who gain interior design inspiration from my blog, and I always try to respond personally. Sometimes my readers even supply ideas for future interior design subjects that I should cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment