Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reflections of a London Interior Designer - Staying Current

Recently, a trainee interior designer asked me how I think about the latest fashionable London design trends. I replied simply that I ignore them! As a professional interior designer, my concepts and foci are true reflections of my own personal day-to-day conversations, experiences and thoughts. I think of my work as an interior designer as an adventure. It starts when a new concept leaps into my head, sometimes out of nowhere but sometimes prompted by a new art exhibition at a London gallery or a conversation with a colleague. From there my journey as an interior designer gets magical – I keep imagining, enhancing, and fine-tuning the look and feel in my head until I reach something both workable and fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment