Saturday, May 8, 2010

From London's No-Fuss Interior Design Consultancy, Global Interior Design

From London's No-Fuss Interior Design Consultancy, Global Interior Design


Boosting Your Efficiency - I

Sometimes I will chat to trainee interns or junior employees at our London-based interior design consultancy and they will insist that there is just so much work to do and they don't have the hours in the day to complete all of their assigned tasks! Now certainly everyone at our interior design consultancy works extremely hard, and we are known for being one of London's most diligent design studios and project management teams. But my response to our junior team members when they complain of overwork is that creating a fabulous interior design consultancy absolutely requires being responsive to our customers, meeting target milestones, and remaining motivated all the time. In these next few blog posts I will share my secrets for how to get everything done, efficiently and seemingly effortlessly!

Boosting Your Efficiency - II

As outlined in my previous blog posting, today's busy interior designer consultancy needs top-notch planning and time-scheduling systems. At Global Interior Design, the London-based interior design consultancy that I founded, I have many time-tested tips for how I stay on the ball all the time. The first is as follows:

Rely on your diary.

This may seem rather trivial, but to be honest it is all too easy to get distracted and fail to take good notes. Writing up the details is key to being efficient at our interior design consultancy. Many systems are available to help .... spiral-bound schedulers are great, but so too are the e-calendar apps on the latest smartphones and laptops. I love high-tech gadgets!

Boosting Your Efficiency - III

My second tip for how our interior design consultancy stays on the ball is:

Keep a great work-life balance.

I adore the work I do at Global Interior Design, but I also know that it is important for me and my London-based employees to occasionally take a step back and relax away from the job! I prefer to use my iPhone calendaring solution for all things related to our interior design consultancy, but I also have another completely separate paper diary devoted to family, lifestyle, travel, culture, fashion and entertainment!

Boosting Your Efficiency - VI

My third tip for employees at our London-based interior design consultancy is simple:

Don't lose focus by allowing the distractions of London to tug you away from your work obligations!

I am well aware that London is one of the world centres of entertainment, fashion and nightlife! My less experienced employees sometimes get a little overwhelmed by all the opportunities, especially if they are new arrivals at our interior design consultancy and if they are not so familiar with life in the big city. Side-projects and hobbies are great, and I have nothing against the lively clubs, bars, dancehalls and restaurants that are all over central London. But sometimes I have to good-naturedly remind my work-placement students that to be a fabulous interior design consultancy in London requires that everyone works as a team and consistently exceeds expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment